Initial Trade Methodology

Ok,

I've heard people say that to find yourself when starting off trading,
to try a methodology/system/indicator...see if you like it, and go on
from there.  Does this mean to go with the first thing thrown your way?

Example...I took the Larry Williams Money Tree course and am sceduled to

go to his seminar next weekend.  It was basically my introduction to
futures trading.  So because this is what I know right now I should
learn this even more and go with this methodology initially and see if
it works for me?   And if I don't like it (or it doesnt work for me),
then and only then should I look to try other things?

Is this basically how one goes about in search of a trading
methodology????

--
Anthony