WAY OFF TOPIC

hi all,
          I recently came into a software program called "option pro"
 by Essex, nothing illegal, I have a friend who has a moving company,
 and this CD, was in the" things to throw out box," so knowing that I'm
involved in the trading world, he gave it to me.

 so, seeing as I have it, I installed it, downloaded some data from their
site, but I get
 "there appears to be an error in the date format",  pop up window.

  so, I'm wondering if there is anyway to get around this ,
or is the thing totally junk..

 I guess it would be best to reply privately, so as not to bore  everyone.

   thanks kindly/ Ted