RE: TS2000 SERVICE PACK INSTALL, is it safe?

At 10:36 PM +0200 7/17/00, Bengtsson, Mats wrote:

>Besides from the continous non-compatible changes from Omega, I take
>it from the lack of comments in this list that service pack 5 is safe?

SP5 seems pretty stable and the speed of optimizations has improved
significantly. And you can really load a huge amount of price data
very quickly.

In real-time use with BMI cable, the tick counts for very
high-tick-count symbols such as ES are well below TS4.0 so I will
probably keep TS4.0 for real time.

But for back-testing, it may be that there is, at long last, a good
reason to shift from TS4.0 (after 17 months in release...)

Bob Fulks