RE: A question about system design.

FWIW, I have come to believe that in the world of
trading systems, # of trades in a backtest has very little
correlation to how well the system will do going forward,
until the sample size becomes larger than is often
possible. Over the past 9 years, we have tested many
many hundreds of systems, and traded over 100 different
ones. All the ones we trade/traded had excellent backtest
results. Some had many hundreds of trades, a few had less
than 20. I believe that there is probably little or no
positive correlation between the number of trades in the
backtests and the realtime success of those 100+ systems.
We do trade a very simple stock system which tested
extremely well on hundreds of stocks and continues to hold
up very well on probably 500+ trades realtime.
Backtest runs on this method included thousands of trades.

regards,
rich