Re: More technically oriented O.R. management??

M. Simms had written:

> It's great to wax nostalgic and to give Cruz his due credit and expound on
> his Horatio Alger story. ....and many of us feel Cruz has dropped the ball
> with TS2000i.  I think it's time for him to turn the reigns over to a more
> technically-oriented management.  It's totally obvious to all.

M:

Well, that isn't so obvious to me!  Sure, Omega has blown it big time with
TS2000i.  It has a feature set that no one needs, a user interface that is
impossible to use, and those bugs!  From all appearances, it is the result
of letting the technical people at Omega run wild, with no input from the
traders or business people.  The remedy would be less technically-oriented
management - people who put customer needs ahead of building bloatware.

Omega also appears to be doing some strategicly smart things, such as
acquiring WOW, and this week's announced merger.  Still, T.S. has to have
been the company's cash cow, and it is difficult to see how these new
ventures
will create near-term earnings to offset T.S. becomming a mature product.

Jay Mackro