Re: DiNapoli Levels

Thanks Phil for your efforts to code the DiNapoli  Detrended Oscillator and
the DeNapoli "Oscillator Predictor"  bands.  And thanks to Peter Ryan for
your stab at the DeNapoli "Oscillator Predictor" caculation.

In an effort to further the creative process I'm enclosed my attempt to:

1-  make the "Oscillator Predictor" bands automatic, rather than requiring
one to insert values calculated by hand.

2- make the Detrended Oscillator work on a scale of 0 - 100 so that one can
see if the price is at 90% or 40%, etc. of the oscillator value.

As an explanation of the need to put the Detrended Oscillator on a scale, I
see that the illustrations in DiNapoli's book of the Detrended Oscillator
show lines for +60% and -60%.   Since I didn't see how that scale was
calculated and plotted, I referred to Perry Kaufman's idea in his new book
"Trading Systems and Methods - Third Edition"   to create a Stochastic from
the detrended Oscillator so we could have a scale of 0 - 100.  (page 138 of
Kaufman's book.)

Since DiNapoli says that the best data sets for the Osc are a 3 day and 7
day simple MA of the close, with the 7 day MA "the most useful ...,"  I used
7 days in the indicators.

Hopefully, the above adds to the discussion.

Barry