Re: [Fwd2: refresh file]

-- Bob wrote:

> The employees of any company are ALWAYS trying to do
> a good, conscientious job for their customers. They
> ALWAYS want to deliver a product that they can be
> proud of.
>
> Every person I have ever talked with at Omega has
> been in this category.
>
> The problem is ALWAYS the management systems that the
> employees have to follow.

Why do they "have to" follow such management?  I am aghast at such a statement.  I should expect one to say that they "have to" oppose such management - not follow it!

The engineer, technician, programmer, or other employee asked to do something he believes to be wrong - for example, to release a buggy product - *must* stand firm on his principles and *not do* what he believes to be wrong.  He must maintain his integrity regardless of the short-term personal "cost".

If he chooses to violate his own principles - for example, in order to avoid being fired - then he must bear full responsiblity for his action.  These are settled principles of ethics.

The Omega Man