Re: [Fwd2: refresh file]

From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I want to publicly acknowledge that the employees at Omega are doing
> the best they can with all these problems. I didn't ask techsup about
> the refresh data and they sent me answers anyway. They stayed up all
> night on new years and cranked out patches. Lots of data and software

bad programming in the beginning results in these nightmares ...
The spirit is ok but should not be encouraged!
I prefer no one available to help because there is nothing to fix at all.

> vendors (quote.com, Townsend, DBC, AdvGet) have had unexpected Y2K
> glitches and Omega was a lot faster to try to fix the problems than

no problem at all with sp comstock, bloomberg, etc.
the premium feeds / institutional software all working fine.

> most. Too bad management won't let the employees post directly to this
> list... we would probably all feel a lot better about the company.
>
> Dennis

We need competition - and during the years of competition where
TS was one of the many, with a lead but not domination, we saw
the improvement in v3.5 from v3. Then when the competition
almost all went dead, we see v4 of bugs.

Now there is absolutely no competition in the public level of
trading software (they bought out the last survivor Windows on Wallstreet),
we can only expect worst software, more bugs, and more
"better" tech support to help fix the resulting junk.

LOOOONG time ago, when I was still in school grading the kids'
programming assignments - zero is given to "nicely formatted junks".

TS2000 is a nicely formatted junk, TS4 is slightly better.

-Lawrence Chan