Re: Y2k ASCII Hangover

Having finally installed ver 21 and ver 24 of TS4, I managed to test the
product for importing ASCII data.  I created ASCII data files with
simulated dates through 1/8/2000.  Just to be sure, I set the date on my
computer to 1/10/2000.  I found that TS was unable to read any ASCII data
no matter how it was formatted.  This includes 7 and 8 digit formats and
formats with "/" separators such as mm/dd/yyyy, mm/dd/yyy,
yyymmdd,yyyymmdd.  Worse yet, TS2000 was also unable to read these
formats.  That means anyone using third party ASCII data will be out of
luck next week.  If anyone has found a means around the problem please post it.

At 02:39 PM 12/23/99 -0900, you wrote:
>Hi William,
>
>I subscribe to your letter as well as the omega-list. Attached you will
>find an
>ascii format file with US data (bond) from 1998 to June of 2000. The date
>range
>is 980402...1000620. TS4.0 will not load this data file for me. I have
>build 24
>loaded along with the ELDATE.ELA (not that this should make a difference).
>This
>data will not load for me. Maybe you can get it to load, but I doubt it.
>Please
>let me know.
>
>The formats that worked for me where 19980420....20000620 , 4/28/98...6/20/98,
>and 4-28-98....6-20-98.
>
>Others might be possible but I do not have a clue as to what they are.
>
>Once again, let me know what you discover.
>

>Larry Winbauer

Bill Brower
Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: insideedge.net