Re: DTN Log.txt

I checked this file and it was 38MB. It was loaded with I/O errors that occurred
during off market hours since Nov. 11, 1999 and Dec. 24, 1999. I leave this
system up all the time. I guess they are due to DTN resetting the box. I didn't
see any buffer overrun errors.

TS2k SP4 is on a 233MHz pentium I, 384MB RAM, 16GB wide-SCSI, and Pacific Comm
serial port and DTN box set at 460800 and NT4 SP6. TS2k is collecting data for
15,845 symbols and charting about 10 workspaces with several
symbols/indicators/systems in each.

The buffer overrun errors are probably due to the EIDE. Most decent SCSI cards
have some kind of RISC processor on them that multitasks I/O requests and SCSI
devices, does DMA transfers which all off load the main CPU of I/O.