Re: Last Minute Y2K Updates - Fulks security test link

Chris -

I, too, am running NT 4.0 (SP6), but I can't recognize some of the items you
mention.  Under Control Panel, "Network" icon, and Bindings Tab, you say to
disable the cable modem network card under "Server", but I find no "server"
item there.  Under "bindings" I have a choice of bindings for services,
protocols, or adapters.  Under "adapters" I find my ethernet card.  I also
find that card shown at the "adapters" tab, but no "server" anywhere.

Under "server" on the control panel there is a "shared resources" window
which shows IPC$, but no reference to the ethernet card.  So where am I
going astray???

Incidentally, I found some time ago that the "server" service is required
for communication between an APC UPS and the computer (for logging of power
incidents).

Regards,
Carroll Slemaker