Re: Y2k update questions

> I have some computers on a small net that, for security reasons, has no
> connection to the Inet. Can one download the updates and transfer the
> updates to another computer, or is the analysis and updating done entirely
> on-line on a computer-by-computer basis?

This update is on a computer-by-computer basis because it checks what is
already installed on your PC
and unfortunately, you cannot either save the update in a folder by this
way, or use Getright! (the MS website has been always busy for several days
now!)

But check your Temp folder : may be the downloaded files are temporarily
saved here before being extracted.
If your PCs have the same OS version, may be you could be able to use them.

> If on-line, is there an alternative for off-line updating?
Yes, (in europe), it's possible to buy magazines in which you can find a CD
Rom edited by Microsoft which includes the Y2K analyzer. the Y2K updates for
Win95/98 and Office 97 are available
I think this should be the same in the USA.
Unfortunately, as Bob pointed out, you cannot be certain that the data base
is the latest one!

Do not forget to change the short date style of the Windows clock to a 4
digit year in the local settings

Rgds,

Philippe