Re: COM Queries of Omega's Global Server

Thank you very much for your responses... It appears that there is no
way to achive what I want through the COM server interface, but, I think
we can do it with a combination of the chart scanner, .dll interface,
and the COM interface... Please let me know of any flaws in my
thinking...

OK, now we get to the "chase..." I cannot acquire more then 500

I suggest the following strategy...

Create a "Chart Scanner" or "Workstation Assistent" project.
Search through your database, stock by stock, looking for your criteria
- if your criteria are met:

call a (custom) dll with your symbol information specifying what you
need to know to look up options...

The .dll uses the COM interface, given the symbol name(31), against the
options data and returns an array of what you want to know about the
options... Compute your data and present it to the interface...

What a long, strange trip this has been... But, I think it might work...

If anyone knows why this cannot work, please email immediately...

rquam@xxxxxxxxxx
rquam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Cam

When you make a query i.e.- "REQUEST 31,62 FROM SYMBOL_LIST" no symbols
are
returned if the number of symbols to return exceeds 50000. To extract
more
than 500 symbol, multiple queries should be made by breaking down the
original query, i.e. REQUEST 31,62 FROM SYMBOL_LIST WHERE 31="AB" will
return all symbols beginning with "AB"

Rasiel Ruiz
Support Services Department
Omega Research, Inc.

Thank you for choosing Omega Research. In our constant effort to assist
our
customers, please visit our Knowledge Base and Frequently Asked
Questions
section at: <http://www.omegaresearch.com/knowledgebase/p01.asp> or
http://www.omegaresearch.com/faqs/p01.htm. Also, please note that this
link
is available to you from the Help menu choice in all of our 2000i
applications.

"Satisfied customers are our top priority. Please let us know what you
think
of the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to our
Support Services Manager, Albert Paredes at aparedes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"