Re:Line and PaintBar colors?

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I'd still appreciate any ideas on the multi-color
> > problem...
>
> You might ask Sno about this, as he is the best EL programmer on the list.

Hey, Sno - if so, I'd appreciate a few pointers...

> In ProSuite, you can control and dynamically vary the color of Plots.

How do you do that?

> In TS4, the only way to do what you want to do is to use the drawing
> tools.  That's the only way to vary the colors dynamically over the entire
> range of available colors.  Paintbar-type effects can be created this
> way...

I realize that; I was just asking if anyone had code to do the
multi-color paintbars done with lines.

This kind of plot would have a *lot* of lines (1/bar), and the book-
keeping might get a bit hairy, even if TS *could* keep everything
straight. Any ideas for a plot that has hundreds or thousands of lines?
Can TS even do this without using up all memory, etc?

Larry