Re:Line and PaintBar colors?

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, donc wrote:

> The time-honored way is to use an indicator plot for each condition, and
> set the plot style to point or tic (you can vary the colors).  This
> avoids the problem of using the line style, where if there is a large
> 1-bar change (say your value changes from $25 to $35) a line-style plot
> will draw the line from 25 to 35 between the bars.

I'm familiar with this...

> If you want four colors/conditions, you would code all four plots with
> the same value, but plot only one at a time (different colors).

The colors are the problem I was addressing. For example, I'd like to
paint a bar with any one of, say, **8** colors - more than the 4 TS seems
to give me. Most of my charts are maxed out, and I need to have each
indicator do as much as possible.

> I have tried to convert some of my line-drawing indicators to the TS 4
> trendline tool, but it is a lot of work for little benefit.   It is a
> very complex programming task.

It is, a bit. That's why, in the original message, I was asking for the
easiest way :-).

> Others have reported that the line
> drawing doesn't work well.

Uh Oh, this does not sound good :-((.

I'd still appreciate any ideas on the multi-color problem...

Thanks,

Larry