data massage request

If I had a ascii data file of hourly futures data is there any way to
get a program to translate the file into one without the time
component and change each bar to a date format from end to beginning.

Thus the most recent bar would be labeled 12/1/99 and the previous
hourly bar would be 11/30/99 etc. on back to the beginning of the
file.  ( I picked 12/1/99 out of the air, could be anything)

I could then run a search program for patterns on an intraday file
(using a eod only search program) and be alerted to my criteria.   I
would then have to load up my intraday program to confirm everything
using dynamic current data.