Easy Language bug/feature/or oversight?

I'm playing around with making an indicator in EasyLanguage to try it out in
RadarScreen but am not having any luck.

I'm keeping it *very* simple to learn the basics of what I want and then
complete the indictor, which will be more complex after I'm comfortable
understanding how Easy Language works.

But, just this 6 lines of code doesn't work.  The indicator spits out a
bogus value of all 0.00s for every stock in RadarScreen.  Here's the code:

Input:  DMILength(14);
Vars:   DMIDiffNow(0), DMIDiffThen(0);

DMIDiffNow = DMIPlus(DMILength);
DMIDiffThen = DMIPlus(DMILength)[1];

Plot1(DMIDiffNow, "DMIDiffNow");
Plot2(DMIDiffThen, "DMIDiffThen");

Obviously all I want to see is how can I find the value of an indictor now
vs <x> bars ago.  The DMIDiffThen (which is just DMIPlus(14)[1]) returns
only 0.00 for any stock.  I even modified the properties of the indictor to
put it in a 50 bar lookback period (manual) rather than automatic.

I figured I was using the bracket [] operators correctly as they are
supposed to give you a value based on <x> bars ago but for some reason it
doesn't work here.

Is this a bug, an oversight on my part, or a stupid limitation of
RadarScreen?

Thanks
Joe