Re: TASC Reader Awards

While some smell a sinister plot by TASC when it comes to their "Reader's
Choice" awards there is a much more simple, and I think more reasonable,
interpretation.

"Nobody votes against what they have paid good money for."

Even if the owner of program "X" looked at competitive offerings BEFORE he
decided to buy "X" he concluded that "X" was best or he wouldn't have bought
it.  Additionally, he probably hasn't looked at other programs since he bought
"X"  --  he's probably been too busy trying to get "X" to  do what he wants.

And with Omega's admittedly better than average marketing programs there are
probably a lot more Omega users out there by some factor of 3 or 4.

When asked, and I don't know how they are really asked, do you think that any
of these owners are going to say something else is better?  Most of us don't
like admitting to ourselves, let alone the general public, that we blew it, or
the problems that we are having are not really due to our not fully
understanding the program.