Re: TeleCharts2000 and TradeStation2000

>>> Subject:           TeleCharts2000 and TradeStation2000
>

>>Are there any TeleCharts2000 users on the list.  I am using the trial of
>>this data service and find that TradeStation2000 can not read the new
>>TeleCharts version 4.0 data format.  I have to export the data to the old
>>version 3 so TradeStation can read it.  Are other TeleCharts users having
>>this same problem?  Is this a big deal for TradeStation/TeleCharts uses are
>>not?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Patrick.
>

>You're lucky, Patrick. When version 4 was introduced it did not convert
>the data to ver.3 at all. Then they added a conversion feature that
>didn't
>work worth beans. After about eight months they got it working, and it
>works very well now.   I'm not excited about having to do the conversion
>(takes about half-hour), but it works, and you get 9000 stocks.
>
>The great feature of version 4 is that it automatically adds new stocks
>and delete old ones - no more database maintenance !
>
>An unusual and I think excellent feature is that you can display
>the charts split-adjusted or not.
>
>Also you can now construct your own studies, almost as good as
>Easy Language.  However, you can't write or manage them as  easily
>as with TS.  Maybe in eight more months ...
>
>This is a good replacment for SuperCharts users after Y2K.
>
>email me if you have other questions.
>
>donc

I've been using TC for a long time,  first TC3,  then TCPro,  now TC4,  with
SC2.1.  As far as I know, Worden has no plans to support Version 3 after the
first of the year. No telling what the export to version 3 feature will do
at that time.  Most probably Omega products won't work with it.  Unless
Worden and Omega get together,  this combination of data/ charting looks
pretty dead to me. Too bad,  because it worked quite well. I don't know who
the problem lies with. The best hope right now is TC comes with an API kit.
So something might be developed by someone in the future to convert TC4 data
to some format Omega products can read.

There is no way TC is as good as SC for constructing studies,  much less
backtesting or other things Omega products can do. No systems,  no show-mes.
No really advanced programming. You cannot plot any of your own studies in
TC, and you cannot run add-ins. What TC is really good at, something most
Omega products don't do well ( I don't know much about Radar
whatever-it-is),  is scanning and sorting a list of all stocks,  or many
lists of stocks that you can easily create. And you can scan/sort according
to criteria you also can create, but the functions available to do so are
limited,  compared to Omega products.  IMO.

TC is a good product,  I use it extensively,  but I am going to miss the
things you can do with Easy Language.  At this time I just can't justify the
cost of owning/feeding Tradestation.

David