Re: TeleCharts2000 and TradeStation2000

> Subject:           TeleCharts2000 and TradeStation2000
>    Date:           Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:08:25 -0600
>    From:           "Patrick" <vibri@xxxxxxxxx>
>      To:           "OmegaList" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Omega List,
>
>Are there any TeleCharts2000 users on the list.  I am using the trial of
>this data service and find that TradeStation2000 can not read the new
>TeleCharts version 4.0 data format.  I have to export the data to the old
>version 3 so TradeStation can read it.  Are other TeleCharts users having
>this same problem?  Is this a big deal for TradeStation/TeleCharts uses are
>not?
>
>Thanks
>Patrick.

You're lucky, Patrick. When version 4 was introduced it did not convert
the data to ver.3 at all. Then they added a conversion feature that
didn't
work worth beans. After about eight months they got it working, and it
works very well now.   I'm not excited about having to do the conversion
(takes about half-hour), but it works, and you get 9000 stocks.

The great feature of version 4 is that it automatically adds new stocks
and delete old ones - no more database maintenance !

An unusual and I think excellent feature is that you can display
the charts split-adjusted or not.

Also you can now construct your own studies, almost as good as
Easy Language.  However, you can't write or manage them as  easily
as with TS.  Maybe in eight more months ...

This is a good replacment for SuperCharts users after Y2K.

email me if you have other questions.

donc