Re: New OR user with important questions, please reply :-(

Michael.. without going into a plethora of detail, allow me to answer
you're questions with a question... Is it too late to get your money back?
  BTW, I know where there's this bridge for sale...... ;)

In case you haven't learned this lesson from life yet, I'm going to be
blunt with the hopes you don't have to learn it the hard way... but "You
don't get nuttin for nuttin" ...and even if you devote the majority of your
time and resources to this endeavor, there's absolutely no guarantee you'll
succeed -- although there's a good chance you'll have PLENTY of time to
develop your skills before Omega actually gets the software working well
enough to use in real-time.

Don't give up the day job just yet, dude.

----------
> From: WallStInvestor@xxxxxxx
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: New OR user with important questions, please reply :-(
> Date: Sunday, December 12, 1999 8:51 PM
>
> Hello Omega-List subscribers,
>
> My name is Michael Christian,
> my voice mail pager #1-888-605-4821
> my e-mail address is: WallStInvestor@xxxxxxx
>
> I am a new Prosuite 2000i novice user from NY. Have had the program for
about
> 5 months, went to OmegaWorld, trying to learn as much as I can. Purchased

> great 1000mhz (Dual P3 500 mgz) Dell 4 monitor system using real time BMI

> Satellite data. Have OR Radarsceen on 1 monitor, Tradestation charts on
> another, RediPlus (SLK) execution on 3rd and Netscape up on 4th (usually
> scanning stock related boomarks and AOL).
>
> Have had some difficulties....
>
> To give you some idea of where I'm coming from, here are some questions
I've
> posted on the STAD forum:
>
> Question #1: Is it unrealistic for me to truly expect systems or
indicators,
> from Omega or elsewhere to provide me with methods as stand alones or
> incorporate into systems that I can write myself, to use in the 2000i
suite
> to help me generate consistent daily profits. Is 2000i better for long
term
> holds? Or since I can set the data compression at 1 tick to 1 year can
the
> suite be used for short term? For example, by using Radarscreen, with 4
sorts
> (please recommend) updated every 10 ticks or 1 minute in combination with
> Tradestation chart or Tracking center alert can I find the best stocks to

> trade and when to trade them?
>
> Question #2: Is the 2000i suite & the various indicators appropriate for
Day,
> Swing & short term trading? Or is it, and the various indicators &
"systems"
> really designed for long term systems? If anyone feels that I can use
2000i
> to improve my short term and daytrading positions can you express in your

> opinion which indicators,systems, paint bar or show-me studys are most
> appropriate for intraday & short term entrys & exits?
>
> Question #3: In your opinions, what would you say is the average
"incubation"
> period for most people to get comfortable with 2000i? I mean, how long
does
> it take to learn all the features and begin MAKING MONEY with the
product? I
> have come to realize that perhaps it may be as long as 1 to 2 years to
really
> learn it thoroughly. At least with the part time effort I can apply to
it. I
> haven't programmed since college, and am not afraid of EZ Language (am I
> being niave?), but as I read the ads for some of the Omega Solution
> Providers, who advertise that they can shorten the timeframe to learn and

> apply the program, it is clear to me that the time to learn enough about
the
> program to make money with it is longer than I initially thought. Which
is OK
> as long as there is a pot o' gold at the end of the road. But since I am
> making payments to Omega for the product and payments for the BMI data
feed
> and would like to begin recouping my investments in HW & SW for this and
turn
> a negative cash flow into a positive cash flow (like any business), I'd
like
> to project how long I should consider is realistic. I guess the 30-day
Free