Unidentified subject!

I am currently using Black Ice with a cable modem and NAT32.
<http://www.nat32.com>
to share the modem conection.  NAt32 is not a gateway but a virtual domain
on your LAN and very easy to setup.

I have not had any problems and am astounded at the number of htis I get as
reported by Black Ice.

But Bob, I would however be interested in hearing from your hacker friends
on what they think the best setups for each of the following:

a cable modem using peer to peer;
a cable modem using NT Server; or
a cable modem using Linux as a server.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Chuck Kaucher

>Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:25:30 -0800
>From: Robert Pisani <pisani@xxxxxxxx>
>To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Computer Security
>
>The only way to secure your computer system completely is to keep your
>internet computer off your network of sensitive machines.  I know some
>pretty good hackers but I don't know a single one who can hack across four
>feet of air.
>
>_| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _|_| _| _|
>_| pisani@xxxxxxxx
>
>_|

Charles Kaucher

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...
disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit
crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the
assailants; they serve rather to encourage then prevent homicides, for an
unarmed man may be attackedwith greater confidence than an armed man."
Jefferson, 1764