Re: Computer Security

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:08:49 -0500, you wrote:

><<>>      Good evening, I just installed a cable modem with Windows 98  Can
>still use Black Ice with it or does it only work with DSL`s?   Thanks In
>Advance, Mike
>

>Mike:
>
>Yes, Black Ice works with cable modems.  What I have not seen anywhere is
>what kind of performance it, if any, a program like this causes.
>
>Tom Lisk

BlackIce protects workstations (for the most part), even from each
other. Thus co-workers that might be behind the corporate firewall
can't get in either.

Since installing it, I'm amazed at how often it sounds that it's
detected an attack or probe.  If anyone wants to know how 'open' they
are, you can try the following web site by the author of Spinrite.
The site will test probe your PC and tell you how open it thinks you
are.

http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

BTW: With ConsealPC or BlackIce the site can't even find your PC for
testing.

  8