Re: excel instead of TS

> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Peter Ryan wrote:
>
> > There must be some 3rd party product.. the basic excel charting is not
> > really up to it.... at least not as far as I have found yet.

well, I do use Excel in "pseudo-realtime" charting ... that is,
Excel chart is updated every 5 secs or so ...
just like a plain old Bloomberg!

Its charts are not great, but if all you need is so quick and dirty
charts, OR, some really complicated charts like 3D surface plot,
then Excel have them available all the time and as long as you
do your calculation in Excel ... you can pull one up anytime.

why 3D surface plot? simple, option risk analysis!
you really think you can get that in optionstation whatever version ?! :)

-Lawrence Chan