Re: excel instead of TS

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Peter Ryan wrote:

> There must be some 3rd party product.. the basic excel charting is not
> really up to it.... at least not as far as I have found yet.

True - Microsoft chart is not very good, especially for bar charts. I've
been using the Graphics Server package by Pinnacle for many years. It's
better and does charts, and even has a real time chart that adds tothe end
automatically. I've not used it for bars very much, but it is OK for that.
This package has a relataively easy interface to Basic, and would probably
go well with Excel basic code. I've used it with Access in this way, but
not with Excel. Works well - nice charts, and can update a bunch of
complex charts just fine in real time (even on a very old 486 :-).

There are several other choices available since that package came out.
When packages were discussed re Tradelab, ther was another one that looked
better, but I don't remember the name.

There is a lot of interest on the Excel Traders list - you might want to
ask there about graphics.

Larry