Re: help on BMI and SP Comstock Satellite

"Lawrence Chan" <stnahc@xxxxxxxxx> asks:
>I am trying to merge the sat dish used by BMI and SP Comstock into
>one - as my office building is having some problem with me putting
>both up there on the roof.
>
>they both use the same dish and point to the same sat ...

If you can't mount two LNBs on the single dish, as some have
suggested, you might be able to feed two receivers from one LNB.
The LNB in my BMI feed is very wideband, much wider than needed
by the channel range of the bird.  All the selection is done in
the receiver box.  If this is your situation, you may be getting
most of what the satellite is sending, including both channels
of interest, out of the feed wire you're using now.

You simply need to tap into the LNB's output to feed the signal to
the second receiver, maintaining proper electrical isolation, of
course, and providing any necessary loads to keep the receivers happy.

A good satellite hacker/installer should be able to put together
the necessary bits to do the job, but they'd have to really know
what they're doing.

Jim