Re: Random Entry

Clint

I cannot remember who wrote this!

{* SYSTEM  : Random Trader
 Use     : Generates random entries for testing exits.(?)
 Inputs  :
   Period - the range of the random number generator. Larger values
            will generate fewer trades.
    Seed   - the seed value for initializing the random number generator.
             Ignored if zero, else can be used to reproduce a series of
             random trades. Initializing the random number generator with
             the same seed value will generate the same sequence of numbers.

  When "Seed" is greater than zero, the same sequence of trades will be
  generated whenever the system status is toggled off and on (as long as
"Period"
  remains unchanged).
  When Seed equals zero, a different sequence of trades will be generated
every time.

  NOTE: Do not call Randomize if you are calling Random_Seed. Only call one
or the other ONCE.*}

Inputs: Period(10), Seed(0);

Vars: NumberToMatch(1), {Could be any number less than 'Period'}
      GoLong(1),        {Generate a buy order when matched}
      R1(9999),
      NullVar(0);

{ Include your Exit System code here, or IncludeSystem. }
if MarketPosition <> 0 then begin
  ExitLong at Lowest(L, 6) stop;
  ExitShort at Highest (H, 6) stop;
end;

if currentbar = 1 then begin
  {Initialize the random number generator. The return value is not used.}
 if Seed > 0 then
  Nullvar = Random_Seed(Seed)
 else
  NullVar = Randomize;
end;

{ Only generate trades when this system is flat. }
if marketposition = 0 then begin

 {Get a random integer within our input range. The greater the value of
  "Period", the less likely we will be to match our target number.  }
 R1 = Random_Int(Period);
 If R1 = NumberToMatch then begin

  { Decide on buy or sell. Random_Int(2) will return a 0 or 1. }
  if Random_Int(2) = GoLong then begin

   {Generate an order to buy}
   Buy;
  end