Re: Omega Receives GREAT! Reviews

> well, just a thinking ...
>
> why not I have my programmers strip our my in-house software and release a
non-programmable real time charting/quote/news/etc. tool for $99 - and that
works with UMDS, so no worry of data being not reusable in high-end products
like Tradeware or TradeLab :)

Lawrence, TW's data format is just as accessible as a TEXT file is!    So
please don't throw us in the same boat as software products that keep their
data formats proprietary.

> just some thoughts - maybe even make it free if people is using just a
single chart window !!!

> there will be no support, no customer reps who tell u that u are stupid,
but does that matters when the program is so simple?

I think what you propose is a great idea, but why strip out the programming
capabilities?  If your going to do it do it right.  I would love to see
someone, anyone enter the technical analysis software market in any capacity
that will directly compete with omega.  However knowing what I do now, I ask
myself why am I doing this?  Because I need what I cant buy...anywhere for
any price.   There simply isn't a open fully programmable trading platform
that will deliver on the promises that omega has made.

 > because I know Omega cannot make TS faster - no way. nor can it make TS
less buggy!

YES!  Mark these words TS will NEVER until they DUMP the rent a server
approach they have now!  NEVER will this current build EVER run correctly.
All of you who are wishing and hoping are in the same trap I was.  More
releases will never fix this problem,  we have a different case than it was
with the previous TS.  We are actually missing part of the software!   They
must either go to the universal server, write their own (laugh) or buy one
from someone like TAL.   THAT'S IT WAKE UP!

The facts - the new TS does not give the same results as the old TS - but
the old TS comes close to a 100,000 dollar a year piece of software I ran
years ago at Smith Barney.  They were slightly different in system results,
but the new TS is OFF THE MAP!   So it tells me that there are some serious
math problems somewhere.   Plus this lack of a server, this shortcut they
have chosen is horrible.

Mark, all opinions are my personal opinions, and thank you for your
continued support etc.

TW marketing rep. in France...