Re: CONTINUOUS FILE UTILITY!!!

Microsoft Access 2000.

2 Gig limit on database without using linked tables.  If you use linked tables, there's no size restriction.  Use VBA to do any manipulation you like.

Oscar wrote:

I'm desperately looking for a software/utility that is able to create continuous files starting from tick by tick contract files.  It should allow the user to input the dates of the rollovers and the adjusting factor to apply to previous contracts to eliminate rollover
gaps. Excel files cannot handle more that 65536 rows of data so I can't open tick-by-tick files without losing data!
Equis Downloader maybe presents the same problem and isn't able to adjust prices (adding/substracting gaps)!
All that should be based on ascii format.  There is plenty of complex technical analysis softwares but as far as I know there isn't a simple utility like the one described above!!! I really hope to be disproved by anyone's suggestion.  How do you solve the need to create continuous files for system testing?

Thanks for any help.

Best Rgds
Oscar B.