Re: Omega Receives GREAT! Reviews

----- Message d'origine -----
De : <ribau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : mercredi 29 septembre 1999 16:40
Objet : Re: Omega Receives GREAT! Reviews

> Your memory is faulty, and your attempt to discredit is quite transparent.
> I came over to TS4 from Super Charts (started with v2.1 and helped beta
> test v3) when TS4 was first released and was quite impressed. Of course, I
> was a newbie and easily dazzled by the intraday data flashing across the
> screen. I rarely complained because I didn't know what to expect.

Maybe, but you have made some progeress these times.

> For the record, I'm only reposting the SAME horror story. The software
> doesn't perform as advertised, it's that simple. For example, the ads say
> we can run TS2Ki on Win95, Win98, or NT4sp3, yet the first thing out of
> their face when I call tech support is we MUST run NT. They say this
> because they know most users aren't going to upgrade to NT and that gets
> them off the hook.

If they say NT4, run NT4
They recommend NT4 for realtime.
98 or 95 may also work by chance
I use 98 but offline and have no serious  crash with TS2000

> The real issue is that the software does not operate reliably for real time
> trading, it bogs down on any kind of volume. I wasted several weeks with
> tech support and tested TS2Ki on three different machines before I realized
> it was hopeless. Doesn't matter Win95, Win98, or NT4sp3. Doesn't matter
> 450MHz P2 w/ 256Mb SDRAM, 266MHz P2 w/ 128Mb SDRAM, or 200MHz Pentium w/
> 64Mb RAM. The software does not operate reliably for real time trading.

Strange.
Could have been the case with early version, but seems that now it works without
 unaccepatable problems

> >>10 -20 disgrunled users for  1000 or more silent users registered.
> >>Either they are not able to read ,or to write, or to have the problems that you report
>
> More like 75-100 disgruntled users for 5-6 that "enjoy" the software. The
> vast majority of all users remain silent. You know anything about
> statistics? That's called a sample and is most likely the true ratio of
> disgruntled/enjoy.

People that enjoy the software remains silent or seldom post.
Only a few of them do.
Omega List is a list for verbose unsatisfied users and for silent satisfied user.
It has been the case for years

> >>Yes, something sucks here, but probably not the software.
>
> No, it's you, PO. Instead of cooperating with others on the list to force
> Omega to make the software work as advertised, you choose to discredit
> those who would help and to cloud the real issues.

It's a matter of appearance.
I do not like the way you do it.

> Way back when I first subscribed to this list, I spoke with you about your
> neuro fuzzy thing. You told me at that time that you didn't trade real
> time, you only taught your classes and developed software, for that reason,
> I lost interest in your product. Recently you seem to claim that you trade
> real time (guess the neuro fuzz didn't earn enough), so maybe now you'll
> see first hand that TS2Ki cannot be used reliably for real time trading.

No.
When I replied this to you , I was not trading.
I stopped to taught  9 years ago!

Now I do, with the neurofuzzy thing but I do not trade the system myself realtime.

The fact that I do not trade is a guarantee for software development.
If you can trade realtime and develop  a software in the meantime, I cannot.
And I would not trust any developer that claims to be able to do both.
Either there are bugs in the software, or in the trading, or both.

Neurofuzzy systems are traded, and neurofuzzy software continues.
More to come very soon.

> Yep, TS2Ki sux, admit it, you'll sleep better. Otherwise it begins to look
> like you care as much about seasoned users as does Omega. Tell your boss
> there are HUNDREDS of users on this list who are disgruntled and wont send
> another dime to Omega until they make it right. All we have to do to make a
> difference is to call our credit card company and tell them not to allow
> Omega to charge our account. They will understand that message.

I'll see how SP3 behaves.
For the moment, I do not run TS2000 realtime and still work with TS4, for datafeed reasons.
ONLY for datafeed reasons.

Sincerely

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com