Re: Yet another Virus deal(off topic)

> A new virus:
>  It will arrive on e-mail titled "CALIFORNIA".

Yet another hoax.

See http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wobbler-hoax.html

Just half an hour ago I posted this message to RealTraders.  Please,
folks, verify before you pass these things on, or you're just adding
to the problem!!

Gary

From:     fritz@xxxxxxxx
To:       get@xxxxxxxxxxx, Realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: "alternate postage fees" = hoax
Date:     Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:47:52 -0600

> For whatever it is worth
> Bill 602P will permit the Federal Govt. to charge a 5 cent
> surcharge ...
> One congressman, Tony Schnell (r) has even suggested ...

This is a hoax.  See http://www.usps.gov/news/press/99/99045new.htm

There is no "Bill 602P," and no "Congressman Schnell" exists.

Please, people.  We know you mean well, but forwarding these bogus
warnings  causes more damage and headaches than you're ever going to
prevent in the  unlikely event that one of these things is actually
true.  And if it IS  really true, I think we can rely on more
traditional news channels to ge

If you really feel you have to forward a warning like this, check it
out  first!!  There are lots of good places to do that, such as:

http://www.urbanlegends.com,
  including http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/emailtax.html
http://urbanlegends.about.com,
  including http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blemtax2.htm
http://www.ciac.org/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html,
   including http://www.ciac.org/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html#emailtax
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

...and there are others.  Check it out before you propagate a hoax!

Gary