Re: CL_More complex task for BASIC DLL

>>You should be able to reduce mathematically the series formula for the
>>weights of the two exponential MAs and do it all in EL.
>
>Maybe, but the references to this method of zero lag average didn't
>mention a simplification.  The approach is covered by Tillson on his
>site: www.verinet.com/~twt/bmao.htm and here is part of what he shows:
>
>"A perfect moving average can be constructed by adding an Exponential
>Moving Average which moves backward in time to one which moves forward
>in time, then dividing by two. The phase lead of the backward EMA
>cancels the phase lag of the forward EMA producing a moving average
>which is both smooth and in phase (but only for historical data, not the
>data on the right hand side of the chart, where we want to trade)."

the exponential moving average is really a weighted moving average of infinite
length. :>)

Simply stated but by no means complete a description:

Find a weighted average of  finite length that bests emulates the forward EMA
and another that emulates the backward EMA.    Then look at the weights
assigned to each of the prices that compose each weighted average and add or
subtract the weights accordingly.

Charles Kaucher

"Math is hard.  Let's go to the mall"  Barbie