testing entries for a trend following system

I was wondering if some of the more experienced system designers might be
able to share some of their experience with a novice.

I have been testing some entries for a trend following system that I have
been working on. I have been using the testing method that is described in
the Chuck LeBeau book. That is simply exiting the market after 5, 10, 15, 20
days.

I have been using 5 years of data, daily bars, across 6 markets
(Oil,Gold,eurodollars,Yen,T-Bonds,Wheat) using a large number of different
entries.

What I have found is that most of then come out with % profitable of Between
56-59%. This figure represents the average % profitable for all of the
markets for all of the time frames(average of 6 mkts * 4 times frames = 24
results per entry). I have been getting 5-15% variation between markets and
time frames for each entry but the average of all these is remarkably
stable.

Considering the different techniques I have been employing I have found the
low variability between entry methods very interesting. Is this because I am
unintentionally testing the same idea expressed a different way or is this a
common experience.

thanks in advance

regards

Tim.