RE: Stock Market going to recover?

"Nobody does anything without anything in mind"

True.  If Balmer made those statements after looking at projected revenue
going into Y2K and comparing them to what Wall Street wants, then people
were right to sell the stock.  Or maybe he made them beacuse he wanted a
chance to load up on the stock before higher (way higher) earnings came
out.   I mean it's possible.  A lot of companies thinking Y2K was going to
be an issue may be saying, no way lets load up now, and are buying lots of
MS stuff.  Like it or not, MS is a harbinger for the rest of the industry.
 Again, the bottom line was Balmer made those statements, for whatever
reason, and that spooked a lot of investors so the market sold off.