RE: interpretting PingPlotter

I've had a cable modem for about a year and it's the next best thing to a
t1. Your system is always connected to the internet. No dialup and no
getting knocked off your ISP due to inactivity.

As far as hacking into my LAN at home, I invested in a webramp 700s
firewall. It is also a DHCP server which means that you can spoof the
dynamic IP that cable gives you for your internal LAN. I also have
subscribed to the cyberNOT filter for my 12 year old. This is a feature that
I wish cable did have. I have 3 computers all behind this firewall and all
going through one cable modem and all 3 have separate IP addresses assigned
by the DHCP server. Saves on additional internet accounts and modems from
cable....which aren't too cheap at this time.

If you don't have a firewall with a cable modem, then you'd better be
running NT and unshare all of your file systems and printers. Otherwise,
someone could hack in if they were already part of cable's domain. Security
on Windows 95/98 is non-existent.