Re: Trailing stops are invalid

In a message dated 9/20/99 2:26:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

 ts
>  my first question. Why do you think Jake used
>  trailing and breakeven stops? Seems the holding period for the trades was a
>  bit long for that assumption IMHO. Assuming the summary you posted was
>  valid.

mb
>  this shows that even though you too have read the manuals and are fully
>  aware that there is a problem.  that you in fact have no clue what its all
>  about.

ts

Exactly, Mark! That is why I asked the question! And YOU know the answer,
that is why I asked YOU (the TS master!). I said I was skeptical of the
results, but how do you trail stops, use breakeven stops, use $75 slippage,
and get whatever... 77% winners? It is a question, not a challenge to your
manhood, not questioning your integrity or intelligence. Just a question.

mb

> I have continually provided various examples of how these tricks
>  work.  see there like the markets, there are allot of ways to do a allot of
>  things.  trailing stops are no different see
>  http://www.markbrown.com/bug.htm  for an example of the bug in a different
>  way.  not all systems have to show 0 bars in the number of  days in a trade
>  to use the advantage of the bug.  so have a little bit of flexibility and
>  study a little bit, or better yet if your really dumb you can open an
>  account and try out the bug with real money!  yea that will be the best
>  thing to do.  so if you don't believe the results I have posted, then you
>  are accepting ts profitability as truth and if its true then why not make
>  all that money?

ts

With all due respect Mark, I took my first profits from the markets before
you were born.

ts
>  > Not a fan of Jake or Omega, just trying to make a point about personal
>  responsibility and hard work and effort, or lack thereof.

mb
>  bullcrap, there's some underlying motive you have.  I just haven't
>  pinpointed it yet.  mb

ts
At first I was asking a question....but then it became fun (remember fun,
Mark? FUN motivates me). You seem to get so wound up, and that is fun to see
again. I've missed that, you've been so calm lately on the list.  BTW are
you, or have you ever been, an attorney? You did not deny it.

Back again to the original points:

RC wrote: "Omega should be held responsible for losses people
incurred from people like Jake"  (Snips.)

I assume Traderware should be held responsible if someone produces misleading
results and ad copy with it. Agreed?

I'm sure Traderware will handle trailing stops on O,H,L,C daily data from day
one without the benefit of the underlying tick data. Right?    ;)

Looking forward to it.

TS