From: Mark Brown [mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 1:45 PM
To: TradingSys@xxxxxxx; Robert W Cummings
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Trailing stops are invalid

> Yes I agree that traders should be responsible for their losses. Adults
are adults and should take responsibility for every part of their life.
Problem with this trailing stop business is it not known to the average lay
person.

Its sort of like buying a car and the manufacturer not telling you that if
you are hit from the rear hard enough.  It will jamb the doors shut and burn
you alive!  I lived in a little town once and 3 youths were killed in this
manor.  Had I been an engineer who knew this, I would have exposed it to the
high heavens no matter what.  We should all feel obligated to make others
aware of non apparent deathtraps when we run across them and survive.

It's the apparent deathtraps that I feel less obligated to warn everybody
about, but still..

mb

ps to make matters worst (the car explosion thing)  what if the manufacturer
was claiming how safe the vehicle was, while they knew better before and
after the produced it?   good thing omega doesn't make air planes someone
once said!