Re: Ross Hook

I had a similar experience and I kinda think it's just about par for the
course when it comes to traders. The blame has to finally rest with me for
my experience. When you get in this brutal game you are full of
expectations of making easy money. Soon you find yourself in a losing
position and fear and doubt become your companions. Then your in a
dangerous place for the so called guru to take advantage of your fragile
mental condition. He has all the answers and is here to be your savior,
says all the things you would need to hear. He is no doubt a scallywag,
snake oil peddler, con-man, BS artist. Under most circumstances you could
see this for yourself but your state of mind has you convinced oil can be
made from water. Afterwards this lesson has made you bitter and angery.
Later realizing you learned a valuable lesson but it doesn't make the
villain any less the villain. One thing is true now that wasn't true before
you will never be a trading victim again. To learn to trade you must trade
and do all the work because it's only through the action we take do we
really learn............
Example would be the secret of trading do this and you will become wealthy.
Only buy higher highs in stocks and only short lower lows cut your losses
and let your profits run. True statement but a lot of ifs, buts and
emotions involved doing this. In saying this there are real educators,
traders in this business that organize their thoughts, experiences on paper
then sell it. Once in a blue moon you get something that really helps from
them.
Yes and I'm still pissed about my experience that happened many years ago :).
Robert