Re: trader status gotcha

  • To: Phil Lane <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: trader status gotcha
  • From: Alexander Levitin <alevitin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:09:44 -0700

I am not accountant. But it is my understanding that "trader status" is
just what is says: it is for traders. Those people who trade several times
a year could deduct all their expenses as other businesses.

A trader may invest some of his money. (Buy stocks and keep it for years).
On his investments he would be treated as everybody else.

Ignorant Alex.