Re: TS2000i on W2000

Not ts2000i but I have with TS4 and safesoft...So far not good
results...Here's what I did:

Loaded win98 SE on a celeron 266 w/96mgs and a 2.1HDD fat32 file system
I had Mechwarrior 3 and TS4 b23 with safesoft all running fine.
I then loaded PreRelease Candidate 1 choosing to upgrade
Few things you need to know about;
You must specify a password to access the system-this might surprise some
Win9.x users
The upgrade pretty much does itself and took 45mins on my machine
Plug and Play is actually pretty good and lots of drivers are available for
hardware
The system uses NT architecture so my MW3 quit working (I was expecting
this-so no surprise)
For nt4 users it gets rid of some easily accessed programs once available
from the run command line(usrmgr, svrmgr, windisk and a few others) and
generally changes where you go to do stuff.  Easily overcome with shortcuts
on the desktop but still somewhat annoying to me.

Win2000 renames the autoexec.bat and sys.ini files and then moves them to a
directory called MSDOS7 or something to that effect.  This is where TS4
falters.  When you try to load the global server it says SSIACT.386 not
loaded and refuses to go any further.  I have not been able to get it
working yet, but I will keep trying and will later report the results.  I
could have just reinstalled TS4 and setup safesoft again with the security
block but I chose to do the upgrade because, well, it should have done so
safely and I know there are plenty of TS4 installs running around...I don't
have or want TS2000i(unless maybe someone gives me a copy to play with).

Anyone else try something similar???

BTW there is 137pg release notes(win2000) word file that I can email to all
those interested.  Just send me a message with the 'REQUEST'  as a subject
and I will email it out to you.

Please no debates about which operating system is better or anything like
that.  I just posted this now because of a request from a fellow
trader/speculator.

Good Luck Y'all

Mike Lange
Siniwalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx