Re: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)

This may have a lot to do with the virtual memory / swap file. I'm not 100%
sure about the operation of virtual memory / swap files on NT. One possible
way around it would be to take the following steps:

(1) decide how big you want your swap file / paging space
(2) disable the swap file
(3) fill up your hard drive to max capacity minus (1) (with junk, text files
etc)
(4) defrag your drive
(5) reinstate your swap file
(6) delete junk

This means after step (4) the only free space would be right at the top of
the hard drive, and that's where your swap file would go, meaning that in
future until your hard drive fills right up, the swap file will never get
fragmented.

Some NT expert correct me / fill in the blanks. I'm not sure if this is
possible with NT paging space.

Adam