Re: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, NHBob wrote:

> I am told (by OR) it goes beyond just defrags, you must also delete the
> *.tmp, *.~mp files as well before the defrag.  If I run 2-3 days w/o the
> .tmp delete, there's easily 200megs or more on NT4 system that's running
> only TS (no browser).  Built up for a week or two, you got a lot of maint.
> to do.  Are we having fun yet?

Aha - the plot thickens. Perhaps we should suggest the TS delete
presumably temporary files when it is done - that would seem to be good
programming practice, *especially* when it causes problems for TS.

Thanks much for your note - it helps us all. Too bad these kinds of
things are not part of the instructions for TS...

Any other hidden 'land mine' details that would prevent TS stability?

Larry