Re: UMDS

I have experience with the DBC DataMgr API - which is very very bad ...
the DM slow down the whole computer for no reason, and its interface
to other programs is not as fast or as efficient when compared to the
UMDS.

I originally paid for the DBC SDK - written my program to direct
access the tick by tick info, and found out the DM does not really
send the ticks it received at once to the client programs ... so delay is
possible with its interface. Thus, switched to UMDS SDK and is very
happy since.

I have checked around on other possibilities and feed independence is
the most important thing to me - thus I ruled out pc.quote, etc. plus,
internet feed cannot broadcast full mkt info which is what i need ...

There is a program called Investor/RT which I also own, has a quite
efficient server/chart combined program - it can do external program
interface too based on DDE. Investor/RT can do most of the internet feed
now - it can be an alternative to look into.
their web site http://www.linnsoft.com/

as a summary - there are choices other than just TS, and remember the
Lotus 1-2-3 or the CorelDraw story - it could take some time for a giant
to go down, but, when that happens, it fall real fast ...

-Lawrence Chan