Re: NT processor question

Yes it will.  2000i product are multi-thread applications, and will take
advantage of the dual processing power.  The most significant performance
gain will be in the GlobalServer's ability to collect and distribute quotes
to its charting application and its data storage files.  I must say, though,
that this type of setup is not so necessary.  A single P-III with 256 MB RAM
on Windows NT will provide excellent performance for real time collecting of
up to 25,000 symbols (one of my collegues has this type of setup with BMI
cable as the datafeed and it works well).  There were some recent posts
about using Diskeeper to defrag the hard drive often on an NT machine, and I
must say they sound promising.  Unless you are going to collect on over
25,000 securities in realtime, stick to the single PIII, Win NT, lots of
memory and disk utilities to maintain your computer's hard disk on a
consistent basis, and with the advent of Service Pack 3 for the 2000i
products, you will have a wonderful setup to optimally use the tools the
2000i products provide.

- the list's naive, young trader -