Re: NT processor question

From: ldavis <lorjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 2:38 PM
Subject: NT processor question

> Does anyone know if TS 2000i would run better on a Dual Pentium 500mz
> processor board as opposed to a single Pentium III 500 mz processor
> board using Windows NT.
>
> My very specific technical question is whether getting a dual processor
> would be any more of an assistance in running 2000i (with respect to the
> existing sluggish responsiveness of the 2000i program). I don't know
> whether 2000i is written for multi threading or not. I am receiving real
> time tick data for intraday trading.

Yes the Global Server can use dual processors and I run TS 2000 with dual
processors.   Performance Manager typically shows the load is generally
balanced between the processors.    I've read that generally two processors
equal about 80-85% of the capacity of a single processor of twice the size,
but there seems to be a lot of discussion about which configuration is
superior when running multiple applications.    My hope is that higher
activity in TS Charting will have less of an impact on the BMI Data Manager
and the Global Server because of the dual processors, although the threads
are spread between the processors.

However there may be more of an increase in the temperature of CPU and
motherboard when running dual processors as compared to single processors
because airflow is more constricted.

BTW I've been experimenting with setting the prority of TS32.exe (Charting)
to Low so it won't interfer with the functioning of the Global Server and
BMI Data Manager.   I don't believe you can even do this in Windows 98.