Data and Datafeeds

Just some quick questions concerning data and data feeds.

What type of datafeed setup do most commodity brokers/dealers have??  I
realize that they are paying a commercial/professional license fee(s) to the
different exchanges to receive data.

Is this over a special leased line, network, etc?(prohibitively expensive?)

Do they receive bad ticks, bad data, etc?

What are the different retail(BMI,Signal,etc.) data feed providers doing or
not doing that everyone complains about receiving  or not receiving data?
Bad data? Or the differences that were pointed out on this list through
testing and test results several weeks ago.

Is it reasonable to assume that most brokers and dealers are sitting on a
tremendous amount of historical data(pure?) that they collect day after day?
I realize that  through legal aspect that they are not allowed to retransmit
this data and probably keep the data for arbritration aspects and other
reasons, etc. Couldn't they release and provide this data to at least
clients?

Do exchanges release historical data suitable for TS testing?

Finally, are exchange fees(for the Club) soon to be a thing of the past? Is
it a matter of time before all real-time data will eventually be provided
free?  (I think I know the answer, as the amount of money that the exchanges
are collecting for fees probably graphs higher than an Internet stock.)