Re: "DON'T WORRY - BE CRAPPY"

From: <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 1999 11:23 PM
Subject: "DON'T WORRY - BE CRAPPY"

> Any of you read any business books?  If you did, you'd know that the
current mantra of businesses which ship unique products is:

> "Don't worry - be crappy."
>
> Get the product out the door and fix it after you get it to market.  (See
Guy Kawasaki's book "Rules for Revolutionaries".)

The "fix it after you get it to market" assumes enough a high degree of
competence to find problems in the product after it's out in the market and
enought committment to fix the problems.      Otherwise you end up with
bugware.

I think that most people on this list are interested in the longer term
success of Omega's 2000i product line.   I certainly am and have reported a
number of problems with TS 2000 to Omega Q.A.    Rarely do I get a reply
however so I have to wonder if Omega hasn't found it easier to sell bugware
than real products for traders.

I would think almost all of us on this list would like to see the latter
(real products for traders) especially since the 2000i product line has a
number of features not available in TS 4, and TS 2000 allows the use of
32-bit compilers for writing DLL's.     Therefore I would expect some on
this list to keep whining about Omega's 2000i product line until Omega shows
enough committment to make it a "real product for traders".   Meanwhile most
will keep using TS 4.