Y2K install problem

Dear Chris:

Don't know about your Scenario I, but I had the same problem re: Scenario 2:

"ISINT30    An error has occurred in your application..."

Tech support told me:

"Go to Start—Programs—Accessories—System—Tools—System Information.  Click
on Tools, system configuration utility, general selective startup & uncheck
load startup group items."

That didn't work for me.

I then tried the Startup tab instead of the general tab & unselected
everything (carefully noting those I unchecked of course).

That also didn't work.

Finally, I went into Safe Mode & installation was possible.

To go into Safe Mode (supposedly), when starting up, press F8 after you
hear a beep (can't remember details since it doesn't work for me since
upgrading from Win95 to Win98).

The way I get into safe mode is, during the startup, I hold down the Ctrl key.

Best of luck,

FPI