Re: My take on Omega

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Owen Davies <owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : vendredi 10 septembre 1999 19:25
Objet : Re: My take on Omega

> Did I misunderstand, or did that Omega solution provider
> from France just tell us that the only way to get TS working
> reliably is to make our own chips from silicon purified in
> zero-G?  One might have hoped they would find some way
> to operate with the chips on which they claim their programs
> work.

I forgot to give the important experimental condition to produce the silicon of the expected quality.
A red rooster must be sacrified after the engraving of the purified silicon chip.

The rooster should have been taught to sing the Traviata air during his youth ( hint : start with a male  egg
and let a CD player sit on the egg)  and should not perform the tune in a different tone than B flat
and must sing during the engraving.

Even if it's painful to hear this, you must not kill the roosted before the end of its performance.
I know it's difficult for the normal ears, but trading succes is at this price, no less

If these conditions are not met, the project will fail and there is a high risk to get wrong orders
from the software running the mistuned CPU.

> Maybe it was supposed to be a joke?  (Here I thought I had
> trouble understanding British humor!)

It cannot be British humor, I'm french.
And frankly, is there something in this scientific and innovative discurse
that could let you think that it could have  been a joke ?

Rgds

PO

PS: Of course, one may read Mars ( Planet) and not March ( month) in the previous post.
Just a little bit distraction due to my current work, both have the same name in french.