Re: Easy Language Math Precision

> > > Do we need to go out to the nth decimal place to decide what the price
> is?

> I think the point is that Easy Language builds up a cumulative bunch of
> errors that anyone of by themselves is not that significant.  However if
you
> do big jobs and complicated systems that do require precision TS just can
> not do it.  The errors will add up to the point to where you will be
buying
> where you should be selling.

No... such a build up of errors is highly unlikely.  The more likely
circumstance is that errors offset one another.  Some add and some subtract
and you end up about where you would have been anyway.

Call me a brown-paper-bag-chartist but I just do not see the need for 15
decimal places in trading.  How is it that chartists with a piece of coal
and a brown paper bag can make money?  This accuracy just isn't needed.

> This is the point and you know it weather you and PO will admit it or not.
If what you say is true then what
> would your interest in Fortran be?  Why what would be the purpose?

Functionality, not precision.  In FORTRAN, as in other languages, precision
is user-defined - there is no necessary increase in precision with the use
of FORTRAN.

Here's a list of the functionality FORTRAN (with IMSL libraries) provides:

http://www.vni.com/products/imsl/alphabetized_functions.html

By the way, I do not lie.  I do not like being called a liar.  Do not call
me one.

>The biggest advantage is having a actual trader at the steering wheel of a
trading software company.

Why must you compare yourself to others?  Stick to producing.  Create what
it is that you wish to create.  Serve your own purpose - forget about what
anyone else is doing.

The Omega Man